Sunday, April 18, 2010

Final Reflection

All in all, it has been a wonderful and memorable journey with a fantastic group of people in ES2007S Group 7. I am particularly glad that I have come to realize that there is certainly much more to just plain talking and writing in the regime of communication. This is certainly a worthy module to be taken and I am pleased to have the honor of taking it in my final semester as a NUS undergraduate.

Throughout this course, I came to learn more about the other lesser known aspects of communication, the importance of good command of language and the power of brevity along with the 7Cs. This module has also exposed me more into the various inter-cultural beliefs and practices. To top that up, this module 'forced' us to write wonderful resumes and application letters which are so ever essential for final-year students on job hunting sessions. Oh! Let’s not forget about the fact that this module actually allowed me relive the long-forgotten joy of blogging. (With this, I got a feeling that I am going to continue blogging even after this)

Back to reflection, I must say that I love the amount of passion and dedication that all of us have put into this module. Also, I am happy to have made new friends and discovered more things about myself. I love the amount of interaction that this course offers and the way that there is not a single lesson where it was boring and mundane. For this, I think all of us should thank our dear Mr. Brad for his dedication and commitment in the preparation and execution of this entire module.

To end, I will like to wish all good health and results. It has been a BLAST learning and working with all of you.

AdiĆ³s.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kenny

    i totally agree with you on the learning of the communication skills that this module had taught us.

    and the class interaction in every lesson did make this module more interesting.

    i'm happy for you that you are regaining interest in blogging, as this blogging thing don't really work out for me(i guess it's the language barrier? haha)

    anyway, all the best=)

    Shi Ting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kenny, for the positive vibes in this reflection. I really appreciate the fact that you could find this module helpful during your final semester. Of course, I also like the accolades, on the blogging and the overall course design. But the real tribute has to be paid to you and your classmates, just as you mention. Your efforts and good cheer led to lots of willingness to participate, interpersonal trust and eventually friendships. You were a key player, kenny, with many fine questions, comments and invariably a wide smile.

    Best of luck in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenny,

    I must agree with you that there are so many take away points from this module and it is definitely a worthwhile module to take.

    I am also glad that I was part of Team KKGS which made the last few weeks of the school term extraordinary. Actually, the coke was something unexpected and we were actually joking(hope you can decipher what it means).

    All the best for your future endeavours!

    Serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kenny,

    It certainly is fun taking this module with you. Will miss all the fun lessons.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kenny,

    I agree that the various assignments we have done such as resume writing are truly valuable when joining the workforce. This experiences would put us in an advantage as mentioned by our interviewee for our project, Ms Susan Tan.
    It was great working with you in team KKGS as our chairman. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kenny,

    Reading CK's comment made me recall what Ms Susan Tan said, which is that we're all enlightened people since we decided to take this module. Haha!

    Thanks for being such a generous and fun-loving chairperson. All the best for your future $5k job :)

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I did not have a chance to work with you in the final project. But I am sure you are a very nice and humorous guy since your group always has the laugh and you are so united, taking pictures all the time!

    Wish you can find a decent job and do what you are really interested in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all,

    I think I will miss all of you, fun-loving people. Thanks for all the comments and have a good holiday after the exams.

    And to clarify on Gwen's comment, I do not have a $5k job (yet). I wish I had it though.

    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kenny,

    I am glad that our decision to take the module did not backfire too! I can see that you have indeed made many new friends in the course, especially those that are after your $5k income in the future.

    Looking forward to your future blog posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete